BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY. NO BARBED OR DE-BARBED E.G. FLATTENED/CRUSHED BARBED HOOKS.
“For the welfare of our fish and to ensure that anglers get to enjoy Thornwood Springs for many years to come, we ask that everyone kindly respects and abides by the following rules. Thank you! “
Peter Thurston, founder of Thornwood Springs
TEMPORARY RULES: FIRST RAINBOW OF ANY SIZE MUST TAKEN. UNWANTED FISH CAN BE HANDED TO MANAGEMENT.
- Ticket(s) to be purchased upon arrival, prior to fishing.
- Barbless hooks only, 8 lbs+ breaking strain line to be used at all times.
- No boobies.
- No more than 2 flies at once.
- No rod or bag sharing.
- No dogs.
- A suitable sized, fine-mesh landing net must be carried at all times, with a priest.
- All fish caught in the ‘Catch & Release’ pools are to be kept in the water, whilst being unhooked.
- All catches to be logged and reported back to management, this includes ‘Catch & Keep’ and ‘Catch & Release’ fish.
- All litter must be taken home.
- Anglers must hold a valid EA Rod licence.