BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY. NO BARBED HOOKS ALLOWED.
“For the welfare of our fish and to ensure that anglers get to enjoy Thornwood Springs for many years to come, we ask that everyone kindly respects and abides by the following rules. Thank you! “
Peter Thurston, founder of Thornwood Springs
- Ticket(s) to be purchased upon arrival, prior to fishing.
- Barbless or de-barbed hooks only, 8 lbs+ breaking strain line to be used at all times.
- No boobies.
- No more than 2 flies at once.
- No rod or bag sharing.
- No dogs.
- A suitable sized, fine-mesh landing net must be carried at all times, with a priest.
- Only Rainbows up to 5lb can be taken home. All other fish must be returned to the water.
- All fish caught in the ‘Catch & Release’ pools are to be kept in the water, whilst being unhooked.
- All catches to be logged and reported back to management, this includes ‘Catch & Keep’ and ‘Catch & Release’ fish.
- All litter must be taken home.
- Anglers must hold a valid EA Rod licence.